iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
1/4/2024 – The California Pickle – Episode 0416
On the show today, iRacing kicks off 2024 with some more clues about the upcoming Indy Car Series, we ask what are your iRacing New Years Resolutions, and could we have seen the fastest speeds ever in iRacing?
And if you join us at iRacersLounge.com and select show notes, you’ll be able to see all of the great stories and products we’ll be discussing on todays show. So log in, check it out and we’ll see you there at iRacersLounge.com
Motor Racing Media posted on their Facebook account an updated look at what the newly reconfigured Auto Club Raceway might look like
iRacing posted the 2023 stats of Tuckles, who had 2433 starts this year, an average of 6.7 starts each day
Sim Not Loading
Luke Smoker and others have been having problems loading into iRacing ever since the last update. Staffer Michael Hinkle posted his fixes in the forums
Conti Has the Grip
Michael Conti posted a video of his A Open race where his grip level matched his commitment level
Kirwan Leaves XSet
Former Coke Series Champ Casey Kirwan announced on Twitter that his time at XSet has come to an end
More MSGM Problems
JPet27 Tweeted that MSGM still out of compliance with the NASDAQ regarding minimum amount of required shareholders in the company. IF they do not regain compliance with NASDAQ, they will be delisted & they will declare bankruptcy
Team Conti Sim Performance Discount
Listeners can enter “IRACERSLOUNGE10” at checkout to receive 10% off any eNASCAR Performance Pass!
Stroll Through the Infield
Joey Masiewicz found out the hard way during Daytona testing that the infield is a lot more accessable that he remembers them being
Top Speed Yee J
DJ YeeJ shows a glitch in iRacing that may have given him a speed world record
Indy Car Schedule
Indy Car’s official 2024 schedule was released on Twitter Wednesday, and iRacing says their ready for it
iRacing New Years Resolutions
Jordan Wentzel posted in the forums his personal iRacing Goals/resolutions for 2024 and asks what is yours
Nascar posted on Twitter that Sonoma is getting some new asphalt on the road course
Bryan Darlington asked int the forums if there will be a 2024 Nascar clash at the LA Collsseum
The biggest Special Event in iRacing is right around the corner. The Daytona 24
Listener Lionel Marbezy sent this in…
FTF.gg’s 2.4 Hours of Daytona
Greg West Posts:
Hi All- By popular demand, we are adding an additional timeslot for the Roar as a trial; Sunday 00:00 GMT (7:00 pm eastern).
Based on participation and feedback, we will consider this for special events that are 4 hours and shorter moving forward.
Leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform to make it easier for more listeners to find the podcast. Mention the podcast to your fellow drivers so they don’t miss out, we would appreciate it.
Check out our Discord https://discord.gg/rvRas4DDqF
New Website – Leave Comments https://www.iracerslounge.com/
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
iRacers Lounge Merch!!!
You can now order fantastic looking merchandise for your favorite iRacing show, The iRacers Lounge Podcast!
Visit iRacerslounge.shop to get yours Today!
Emanuele Ottonello asks in the forums what the second line in the force feeback HUD means
Clayton Mcloud is working on his Sound Shift program that gives audio cues for shifting gears
Chris L. Cothern — 12/25/2023 4:08 PM (in discord…)
I tried it but didn’t love it. Was more of a distraction for me than anything
PC Gamer shows off a beast of a laptop computer with server grade hardware
Evil Racing DGT+
The Sim Pit reviews the Evil Racing DGT+ Wheel
Michael Smith noticed that his Moza R5 Wheelbase was overheating and was loosing grip in his race because of the problems he was having.
CXC Simulations makes customized super high end motion simulators
Dominic Calvani is thinking of running triple Samsung Ark monitors, and was asking if anyone has done this already
The Simagic Connection
Simagic posed an Instagram message showing off their revolutionary magnetic connection design
Slip Angle Shaker Kit
OC Racing reviews the Slip Angle 4 corner LFE Transducer Spring kit
No Excuse Racing
Tom Ford posted pictures of him custom sim rig that lets him race with one leg after loosing one in a motorcycle accident
OC Racing reviews the Simagic GTC formula wheel
Fanatec Support Part 2
Sim Racing Corner made a follow up video about his poor experience with Fanatec Customer Support
Laurence Dusoswa is worried about Thrustmaster and theor new T818 Direct Drive Wheel Base
It’s my role in Sim Racing to inform and to be objective in my findings, so that I can equip potential buyers with as much info as possible to make an educated decision. So this one hurt because it brought up some very harsh realities for Thrustmaster and their future. Where once I was a fanboy, now I’m struggling to find the positives. To add confusion into the mix, the T818 wheelbase is really good. Maybe it was just born into the wrong family…
Jayz Ultimate Rig
Jayz Two Cents build his ultimate rig using all products he found at Microcenter’s Sim Racing Department
Trading Paints Updgrade
Trading Paints announced that they have updated Paint Builder with a number of new features, wtih a big one where you will have the ability to share layers with others using a share code similar to Forza and Nintendo multiplayer.
NASCAR iRacing Series
Thursday open –
- Justin, Winter NIS recap for Rockingham, it probably took me until Sunday to learn how to really drive the track. In the Fixed series P16,19,P9 and the Open series I got a P11 and P6. I kinda dropped the ball on my point battle in Fixed and Open. I was leading in both of them. Now I’m 2nd in Fixed and 3rd in open. Hopefully I can turn it around at Michigan this week.
- Carburetor cub at Daytona, wrecked on lap one.
- Pick up cup at Phoenix started P8 finished winner, winner, chicken dinner!
- Second, try finished P3
- Chris McGuire supercars at Michigan. We were running into the green flag stops in the pack. I was going to do one more lap a bunch of them around me were pitting I got boxed in and somehow wrecked a bunch of them and they booted me out of the race off the server. Yikes~! I didnt mean for that to happen
- Skip Barber at Monza qualified dead last 16th got wrecked hard and lap one had to get repairs finished 21st
- FIAF4 at Sebring. Started ninth finished P11
- DraftMaster 87 at Daytona. Qualified 16th. got wrecked out hard on lap. One was dead last stayed in the race and somehow got back to 13.
- Chris McGuire, Deya prototypes at Michigan at night with no lights wrecked out
- Old IndyCar at Monza combined no chicane p11.
- Falken Sports Car Challenge-p5 after starting p7 at Daytona. Crazy start to race that pushed me back to p15. Head down and spent time picking them off one at a time. Lots of guys over driving. Running a few of these as prep for the Roar.
John P12 at Iowa. Having a good run when a guy took me out on purpose and as much as admitted it. Had a top 5 car easily. Really like the track and had a great setup. Hate to have it ruined by a guy who was making everyone mad. But, thats the way is goes sometimes.
Brad – GT3 Class p10 after starting p14. Have taken a beating in SR the last few weeks so this was a great race to get some back. Lemans is so easy to get slow down penalties. Probably gave up a p7 because of them.
League / Hosted Races
Winter Series League –
- David – P12 Mid pack car. Interesting fuel strategy some went 1, some went two. I went two and beat half of the 1 stoppers. Had another early race incident with a different driver who thinks its a good idea to race like Ryan Newman. This time you cross over a car that i clearly gonna to out run you in the long run and then door them on corner exit. 3rd party reviewed by the way not just team mates. Yes you raced too hard for your own good. Learn dude.
- John – P27. Started dead last. Never found a good line but was keeping up. One of the team mates said look out for a certain guy. Sure enough, on lap 33 he rear ended me and gave me some irreparable damage. That ruined my night. Just puttered around the track the last 120 laps. Probably would not have had a good finish anyway because i could not find a good way around Nashville in the cup car.
- Brad – p19-could not keep the tires under me at the end of the runs. Found better wear during 2nd and 3rd run but lost too much track position during first run. Racing would be so much better if we did not have to shift.
- Justin P28, a day ago I had an issue with my pc. I had to reinstall windows and re-downloaded JRT and forgot to program the fuel calculations. My fault
- Mike- p23- completely missed Pitt Road entrance and overcooked it in there on the first green flag. Stop had to go back around and never really could recover.
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
- The California Pickle
On the show today, iRacing kicks off 2024 with some more clues about the upcoming Indy Car Series, we ask what are your iRacing New Years Resolutions, and could we have seen the fastest speeds ever in iRacing? So sit back, relax and join us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Tom Dreiling –
Donnie Spiker – twitter.com/Spikerman19
Bobby Jonas –
MacKenzie Stevens – https://twitter.com/MackStevens48
Justin Pearson – https://twitter.com/big7bang_
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/