12/28/2023 – The Only Show in Town – Episode 0415
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
Welcome to the final show of 2023 where we will be looking back at some of the milestones iRacing has achieved this year. We’ll check out or favoite new content of the 2023 season, review how your safety rating is calculated and a huge announcement from iRacing for the upcoming 2024 season.
And if you join us at iRacersLounge.com and select show notes, you’ll be able to see all of the great stories and products we’ll be discussing on todays show. So log in, check it out and we’ll see you there at iRacersLounge.com
TITLE SPONSOR READ:
Hocevar Getting Mousy
Nascar Driver Carson Hocevar tried his hands at superspeedway racing with a mouse
Did Low Fuel Motorsports’ lower costs cut into iRacing’s fanbase?
Bottom Split Broadcast
The January 19th bottom split of the Daytona 24 will be broadcasted by Bottom Split broadcasting
The Only Show in Town
Juen-Jen Wang asked in a poll in the forums if iRacing is the only simulation you use
Indy is Back?
Adam Stern announced on Twitter that Indy Car will indeed be back in iRacing in 2024 after the Motorsports Games deal fell apart
Larson Needs a Set
Nascar driver Kyle Larson was doing some fishing in the off season, fishing for iRacing setups
My Dog Ate My…
Lewtorace posted a video of his puppy taking a bite out of his glove while racing around Bathurst
Sim Racing Bringing Joy
Sim racing brought some joy to a gentleman who is unable to drive in real life due to a dibilitating disease
I’m Good on Fuel
Robert Crisdale found out his IMSA Ferrari GT3 is holding a lot more fuel than ot should
Simmy Awards in 2023
The iRacing Daytona 24 was awarded best sim event in 2023, and the Cadillac V-Series.R GTP won the award for best vehicle
Team Conti Sim Performance and Mardon PC are giving away a new PC to someone whoe enters their contest
How is Safety Rating Calculated
DJ YeeJ pisted a video of how your iRacing Safety Rating gets calculated
2023 iRacing Favorites
iRacing asked what’s your favorite new car or track introduced on iRacing in 2023
iRacing in 2023
iRacing put up some pretty big numbers in 2023 and look forward to 2024
The Roar in 24
Leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform to make it easier for more listeners to find the podcast. Mention the podcast to your fellow drivers so they don’t miss out, we would appreciate it.
Check out our Discord https://discord.gg/rvRas4DDqF
New Website – Leave Comments https://www.iracerslounge.com/
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
iRacers Lounge Merch!!!
You can now order fantastic looking merchandise for your favorite iRacing show, The iRacers Lounge Podcast!
Visit iRacerslounge.shop to get yours Today!
Alex Kay shows you how to make your own customizable center console for your rig
Asatek vs Simucube 2
Beano von Rensburg gives his thought in the forums whether the Asatek DD is comparable to the Simucube 2
Gavin Auld noted in the forums that, “By default all on screen info is placed around the edge of the screen. Racing in VR means it can’t be seen without breaking your neck. This is solved by pressing Alt-K and dragging the boxes to a location that best suits the POV of your headset. The problem is, some things can only be seen when a notication is on screen. Certain pop ups, like lap splits are only there for a few seconds.”
Qubic teased their new Dual channel belt tensioning system
Simagic Shifter Review
OC Racing reviews the new Simagic DS-8x H pattern and sequential shifter
Cammus C5 Direct Drive Review
The Sim Racing Corner reviews the Cammus C5 Direct Drive Wheel
SuperWide or Triples
YouTuber Dr Alan Quan compares different triple wide monitor setups vs un ultrawide display
Listener Troy Eaton sent us a story that Mircosoft may be shutting down WMR for VR users
WMR TO BE SHUTDOWN
Is VR going in the wrong direction?
Simagic GT Neo and Maglink
GT Omega ART Cockpit
Karl Gosling reviews the 2024 GT Omega ART cockpit amd answers if it’s the best entry level sim rig
OC Racing checks out the new Fanatec Clubsport DD
NASCAR iRacing Series
- Justin – NIS Week, summary,
- Ran 3 Open Races P1,P8,P2 and at the end of the week still leading the series by only 8 points. Fixed i only ran two races, a P5 and a P8 i did decent still leading point on the fixed by 35 points at the end of the watksglen week. Gained 343 IR and now I’m a couple tenths below my A license. Productive week!
- DraftMaster GEN five at Daytona got ran over from behind trying to save tires. P 16.
- Chris McGuire hosted old IndyCar at Charlotte – got wrecked out running third
- Supercars at Michigan. P10
- Indy pro 2000 @Gateway qualified nine out of 17. P11
- Weekly Race Challenge – FF1600-Oulton Park Started p15 and avoided early spins. Was spun by over aggressive drivers that spin early and then drive like mad to get spots back. Finished p14 but continue to lose SR from getting collected in other people’s messes
- Brad W – p4. Second split, started p3. Had the fastest car but just like real life it was hard to pass. Late in first run got the the lead only to get punted into T3. Was able to fix damage and drove from 14th back to 4th on 35 lap run to the checkers.
- SRF at Southern national. P9
- Cot Daytona-
Hall – P2 highest at Le Mans in Caddy
League / Hosted Races
Winter Series League –
- David – P wrecked out lap 1
- Brad – p14 and this was what I deserved. I was way to lose on short run and that caused me to lose multiple spots on the last restart. I had fun, just wanted a few more spots at the end.
- Justin P16 its was a good race same as brad got what i deserved. She was slick
- Mike- p26- hit the wall hard 3 minutes 20 seconds damage – limped it home
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
- The Only Show in Town
Welcome to the final show of 2023 where we will be looking back at some of the milestones iRacing has achieved this year. We’ll check out or favoite new content of the 2023 season, review how your safety rating is calculated and a huge announcement from iRacing for the upcoming 2024 season. So sit back, relax and join us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Tom Dreiling –
Donnie Spiker – twitter.com/Spikerman19
Bobby Jonas –
MacKenzie Stevens – https://twitter.com/MackStevens48
Justin Pearson – https://twitter.com/big7bang_
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/