7/13/2023 – Big Dough Joe – Episode 0391
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
Brought to you by:
Opening Audio Clip -“Your listening to the iRacers Lounge Podcast where we discuss everything iRacing, in a casual setting, enjoy.”`
READ THIS AT THE TOP OF EACH SHOW!!!
- Welcome to the iRacer’s Lounge, I am your host “XXX”. iRacer’s Lounge is a podcast for the iRacer, where we talk all things iRacing in a casual setting.
- Joining me are the usual characters, ————
On the show today, we’ll review a controverial finish at the Coke Series race at Nashville Superspeedway. The Buttkicker World of Outlaws Late Model kicks off thier season opener, we’ll show where you can get a track guide for Spa, and did we see the a top speed record on iRacing?
And remember you can follow along with us on your PC or mobile device in real time as you listen to the show and see for yourself all of the great topics and products we’ll discuss by visiting iracerslounge.com and selecting show notes. Hope to see you there..
iRacing and Driver Development
Kaden Honeycutt is among the growing list of drivers who have turned to iRacing for driver development in recent years. William Byron and Ty Majeski used the service to perfect their race crafts before embarking on their own successful careers. Others like Josh Berry, Timmy Hill and Parker Retzlaff have all competed in the eNASCAR iRacing Series since its inception in 2011.
Coke Series – Nashville
iRacing Highlights of the Week
Season 4 GT Racing Updates
Greg West posted in the Forums the details of the Season 4 GT updates
Charlotte Rally World Record
Beau Albert sets a iRacing World Record at the Charlotte Rallycross track
Top Speed Record
TP SimRacing tries to set the top speed among iracing cars
Spa – Turn by Turn
iRacerstuff posted a Twitter video of a turn by turn guide to Spa
Ty Majeski Wins Slinger Nationals
Ty Majeski wins the Slinger Nationals in his iRacing sponsored late model
Season 3 Patch 3
Dylan Macintosh shows how he stays hydrated while sim racing
Steam Price Bump
iRacing increased it’s Steam Price by $1.00 to bring the content prices closer to identical for all Steam/iRacing customers.
WoO Late Models are Back
iRacing World of Outlaws ButtKicker Late Model Series Kicks Off Battle for $25,000 Monday at Volusia
Picking up right where he left off, the 2022 iRacing World of Outlaws ButtKicker Late Model Series Champion Evan Seay had a dominant start to the 2023 season at Volusia Speedway Park on Monday night.
Race for More 2.4
iRacing 24 Hours of Spa
Porsche Series Qualifying
The first step of the journey kicks off on July 22, as the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Qualifying Series kicks off with six weeks of wheel-to-wheel action in the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car. Open to drivers with a Road license of B 4.0 and up, these races will take place at 18:45 GMT every Saturday with multiple splits based on iRating.
Leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform to make it easier for more listeners to find the podcast. Mention the podcast to your fellow drivers so they don’t miss out, we would appreciate it.
Check out our Discord https://discord.gg/rvRas4DDqF
New Website – Leave Comments https://www.iracerslounge.com/
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
Turn Racing BP2 Button Plate
The Sim Racing Den reviews the Turn Racing BP2 Button Plate
DJ Yee-J shows a video of how to use telemtry to turn faster laps and save tires
Adam Buzzeo shows off his rig in the iRacing forums
Trak Racer DD
Trak Racer annunced they will be launching a driect drive wheel base in Q3 2024
Pro Racing Simuladores
Brazilian Manufacturer Pro Racing Simuladores has an assortment of Direct Drive Wheel Bases to choose from
SimJack Pro Pedals
SimJackPRO Pedals Sim Racing Load Cell HE Hydraulic Pedal
VRS Direct Force Pro Wheel Review
Boosted Media reviews the VRS Direct Force Pro sim racing formula wheel
NASCAR iRacing Series
Friday Open – Atlanta
- Mike –. P 19- just no luck with missing the racks and I ran out of incident points with about five to go and how to do a pass through penalty.
- Justin – p4
- Tom D – p3
- Justin- p2.
Wednesday Open: New Hampshire
- Mike- p P 18 after a drive through penalty near the end after spinning on my own and getting five minutes damage
- David – p Disconnect, was running 24th as car 32, so mediocre speed. Never lost TS when I got dropped
- Kyle- P3 Car 24 started P5 and just held myself in the top 5, but got as high as 2nd on 2 different occasions. Pitted off sequence to try and gain a grip advantage. Worked my way back from 11th after pitting. Had a sniff at the lead on the 2nd GWC when the leader drove in too deep into turn one, but he was able to throttle out of the corner and keep the lead. Had one small swipe during a wreck around midway, that gave me my only 4x of the night and after surviving 22 cautions and 88 caution laps to come home with a P3 and only a 4x is the next best thing. A podium is a win in my book.
- Justin – p33 wrecked out rage quit had to leave seen cars wreck checked up and the guy spinning out didnt hold his brakes. Junked my car
- Chris – P13. Race was filled with cautions and sloppy racing. Played the survival approach to finish 13th.
- David – p21, top split, more of the same crap, caught up in someones mess on lap 17. Spend all race down a lap or two including getting dumped while in the lucky dog position by a divebomber. Got lap back with 7 to go and gained 4 spots
- Fiat f4 at Watkins glen start a 12 foot actually went off track on lap 4 and wrecked hard.
Kyle – P12 Used this race on Tuesday to shake down the setup and get a feel for the track and the grip level. Race was going well, holding a top 5 for the majority of the race. Car felt strong and planted but other drivers weren’t so planted and kinda ruined my race, giving me 3 minutes of damage and clocking my wheel far left. Limped it home to a P12.
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
- Big Dough Joe
On the show today, we’ll review a controverial finish at the Coke Series race at Nashville Superspeedway. The Buttkicker World of Outlaws Late Model kicks off thier season opener, we’ll show where you can get a track guide for Spa, and did we see the a top speed record on iRacing? So sit back, relax and join us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Tom Dreiling –
Donnie Spiker – twitter.com/Spikerman19
Bobby Jonas –
MacKenzie Stevens – https://twitter.com/MackStevens48
Justin Pearson – https://twitter.com/big7bang_
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/