7/1/2021 – De-Gone – Episode 0286
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
Brought to you by:
Opening Audio Clip -“Your listening to the iRacers Lounge Podcast where we discuss everything iRacing, in a casual setting, enjoy.”`
READ THIS AT THE TOP OF EACH SHOW!!!
- Welcome to the iRacer’s Lounge, I am your host “XXX”. iRacer’s Lounge is a podcast for the iRacer, where we talk all things iRacing in a casual setting.
- Joining me are the usual characters, ————
This Week on the show, the eNascar series is back again at it’s second road event of the season, Road America. Will Bobby Zelinski reclaim his title as ‘Road King’, or will road course star Mitchell deJong make it two road wins in a row. Also we’ll cover the second annual Firecracker 400 and the new eNascar International race at COTA.
And remember you can follow along with us on your mobile device in real time as you listen to the show and see for yourself all of the great topics and products we’ll discuss by visiting iracerslounge.com and selecting show notes. Hope to see you there..
TITLE SPONSOR READ:
Grid Finder 2.0 is bigger and better than ever with more ways to narrow your search for your next sim racing league. Featuring over 1000 leagues from over 25 racing sims across every platform, Your place on the grid is just a couple clicks away.
Visit www.grid-finder.com to find a league, or to upload your own!
Grid Finder – “The home of online sim racing leagues”
- After keeping his speed close to the vest by not putting down a time in practice, @MitchelldeJong1 qualifies on pole, ottinger, zalenski, wilson, bowlin, conti, mullis, liza, salas, vincent
- @MikeConti5 gets booped by @RyanLuza in Turn 6. Mullis also went off…
- Keegan goes off on lap 3
- Second place @NickOttinger goes off in Turn 5 on Lap 4. Ottinger falls to 12th.
- @MitchelldeJong1 leads @bobbyzalenski by less than two seconds.
- LAP 12: CONTACT! @vicente_salas14 is in the tires, @CVincent34 go off in turn 6!
- @MathesonRacing‘s wheel turned off. As a result, his engine overheated and blew up. He’s done for the night.
- @MalikRayTTV has dropped out of the race.
- LAP 15: @MitchelldeJong1 and @bobbyzalenski pit. As does @swilson3_ Bowlin stays out to lead a lap –
- 15 to go: @MitchelldeJong1 is back in the lead.
- Tonight is @rayalfalla‘s 200th @eNASCARCocaCola iRacing Series start. Per the broadcast, the 4-Time champion has now competed in 200 of the 202 series starts.
@JakeNichols73 just made a mistake and… boom goes his engine.
- 10 to go: @MitchelldeJong1 leads @bobbyzalenski by over 6 seconds.
- The Top 2 are in a class of their own, but @MitchelldeJong1 has @bobbyzalenski‘s number today in a heads up battle. the gap is now four and a half seconds.
Third and fourth are also in their own class tonight. The battle for third may be one of the best right now between @swilson3_ and @BowlinGraham
- Discussions about Bobby not winning yet on the road course and Mitchell running so well…
- 2 to go had 3 battles going on at the same time on screen, fabulous coverage…
- Ottinger and kirwin racing hard for 9th
- White lap 6.2 seconds gap for the leader mitchell over bobby, bowlin goes off but keeps his position
- CHECKERED FLAG! @MitchelldeJong1 wins
- @MitchelldeJong1 gets his second-straight road course win in the @NASCAR @CocaColaRacing @iRacing Series at @roadamerica.
- He’s the first repeat winner this season and @23XIRacing now leads the series with 3 race wins amongst their 2 drivers.
What’s the Next Legend for iRacing?
Dale Earnhardt Jr posted a pole in the forums asking “What should be the next 1987 manufacturer added?” The options were the Buick, Pontiac or Oldsmobile. As of this morning the Pontiac held the lead in voting with some commenting because of the iconic Richard Petty 43 car.
How-To: Hosted Racing
iRacing posted a How-to video on their Youtube Channel going into full detail about sponsoring your own Hosted Races.
Season 3 Build – Reminders
Also on their Youtube Channel, iRacing dropped a video with a comprehensive list with all of the updates from the season 3 Build
Virtual2Reality TV Summer Stock
AUG 30 AT 6 PM MST
Virtual2Reality.tv is hosting a Special Summer Tournament in an eSport tournament that will place the overall driver in an approved Nascar Driver Development Academy for two days of coaching and Evaluation. They’re going to try and make history with the largest participation tournament in the history of iRacing. We’re shooting for 500+
iRacing Tweeted asking members, “What’s the strangest car/track combo you’ve driven on iRacing?” Responses included the Skippy’s at Hell, the iR-01 at Atlanta Rallycross and the 410 Sprint Cars at Le Mans.
Crizzle@CrizzleColts replied that he hosts the Thursday Night Thunder League that runs nothing but strange combinations like this for an entire season.
More iRacing Jobs
Kevin Bobbitt posted in the forums that iRacing is looking of a new Media Producer job to fill. The Media Producer will be responsible for the creation of various forms of content including but not limited to promotional videos, tutorial videos, and interviews, as well as producing/directing live broadcasts for eSports and special events.
2021 Season 3 Patch 2 Release Notes
The 2021 Season 3 Patch 2 Release contains a variety of updates and fixes for the 2021 Season 3 Release.
iRacing in Victory Lane
Alan Tardiff drove his iRacing sponsored #9 Super Late Model to victory lane at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway this past weekend
eRacer.gg posted a video on their Twitter a video of racing legends like Dale Jr, Larry Mac and Kyle Petty giving their thoughts and memories of the Firecracker 400
Official Simulation Partner of Nascar
Adam Stern formally announced that Nascar is expanding their relationship with iRacing which goes from being a licensee to now being the official simulation partner of the Nascar sanctioning body. The deal will serve to elevate a decade-plus licensing relationship to official partner status, as the two organizations work closer than ever before to promote the various eNASCAR series, while also collaborating around a number of innovation initiatives which have far-reaching implications on the future of NASCAR – including the design of new and proposed NASCAR race tracks, collaboration and technical support on the NASCAR NextGen race car project, the creation of sim racing-oriented content for NASCAR Digital Media channels, and the use of iRacing as a training tool for NASCAR’s Drive for Diversity class.
iRacing needs an app
John G Anderson posted on the Everything iRacing Facebook Page a comment that iRacing needs an iRacing mobile app.
NASCAR Cup Series Cars (Class A) Manual
iRacing dropped in the forums the Nascar Cup Series user manual pdf for the Ford Mustang, Toyota Camry and Chevy Camaro
Alpha Testing Now Recruiting!
Chris Weidner posted in the forums that they have openings for anyone willing to devote some time to Alpha testing. Specifically on our test nights, Mon and Weds evenings 7-9pm EST. I also need a few AI testers.
iRacing Presents The 24 Hours of Spa Powered by Heusinkveld
iRacing posted the info for the upcominf 24 Hours of Spa sponsored by Heusinkveld
LeMons II – 2 hour solo Le Mans warm up [free community race
Russell Barnes is hosting a 2 hour Le Mans practice race on Saturday July 3rd at 8:30pm UTC+1 and will stream the action on my YouTube channel.
eNASCAR Stock Car Challenge
The Logitech G Challenge has both Stock Car and Open Wheel races, open to all drivers and free-to-enter, Sign up and compete for your chance to win a trip to the Grand Finals Weekend and a McLaren Racing VIP Experience including…-
Four (4)-day/three (3)-night all-inclusive trip to Las Vegas
– On-Track Supercar Driving Experience
– Meet Professional Drivers, Athletes & Celebrities
– Compete in the Grand Finals to win a McLaren Racing VIP Experience!
Racer.com, the online motorsports magazine posted an article examining the conception, history and current status on one of iRacing’s biggest events of the year, the Firecracker 400.
and The Winner is…
Michael Cosey Jr was the surprise winner of the Firecracker 400 this week after alast lap wreck took out the leaders leaving Micheal Cosey Jr to slide into the lead on the last 2 turns to take the checkers flag and $12,500 purse.
eNascar International COTA
Agustín Canapino takes the win in the eNascar International race at COTA
Almost Pro Series [Hall]
The Almost Pro series returns to iRacing for 2021 and, this time, they’re going international! They will be partnering up with PAX/EGX to bring you two competitions; one for North America and one for Europe! The competition will utilize the brand new Formula Vee at Laguna Seca.
This year, the top 30 fastest drivers from each region at the conclusion of the Time Attack will be invited to compete in the final events! The North Americans will be competing for $5,000 USD and the Europeans will be competing for €5,000 EUR!
Gary Corbett Update [Mike]
An update for the Go Fund Me page for fellow racer Gary Corbett who is fighting some serious health issues and substantial medical expenses in his battle.
Aftermath Podcast – Get it!
New Website – Leave Comments https://www.iracerslounge.com/
You’ve heard us talk about the Spotlights. Those of us that have them here at iRacers Lounge absolutely love them. So much, we have become an affiliate! With the roll out of their new Spotlights Pro. Here’s your chance to check them out, you won’t be disappointed. Enter coupon code: IRACERSLOUNGE for 10% off!!
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
“OK TONY LETS TALK FANTASY….”
Z28Gaming chronicles his experience with his Fanatec DD2 wheel base.
Simforge Mark-1’s will now come with Plug and Play integrated electronics board. This board willl have 24-Bit resolution for the brake pedal and 16-bit resolution for the Accelerator and Clutch Pedal.
Introducing Simforge Mark-1 Dark Edition
Introducing Simforge Mark-1 Dark Edition. The website now has the option to purchase this version of the the Mark-1 Pedal with matte black powder coating on aluminum base and mounting parts.
Simagic Alpha Mini
The new Sim Magic Alpha Mini 10NM Servo! LIMITED $500 launch price while stocks last!
Simagic Full Damper Pedals
Also from Sim Magic the Full Damper Pedals from $650.
Pedal Rumble Motor Kit
Sim 3D from the UK offers their Pedal Rumble Motor Kit that will attach to the back of you pedals to give rumble feedback from 95-110 pounds.
Tedco Racing TR V2 Rig
Tedco racing introduces their All Black TR V2 Rig build. This time featuring their new V3 monitor mount designed for large single monitors. Options for the boomerangs to be made from either CNC machined T6061 Aluminum or Laser Cut Steel.
HRS Laser Engraving
Hybrid Racing Simulations are experimenting with some new unique laser engraving techniques on our products, to give customers that unique look
3x 49″ Samsung G9
The ProRacing Simulation & Training Center posted on their Facebook Page a set of triple Samsung G9 49″ screens that create a 20 degree field of view.
Have you ever wondered how to pronounce “Fanatec” correctly?
VCO eSports Studio host Ben Constanduros asked Fanatec CEO Thomas Jackermeier what is the correct pronunciation of “Fanatec”, because who would know better?
NASCAR iRacing Series
Fri open: Poco
- Rochette P15 nothing to write home about except, how the dogs and the misses doing and man its been raining like a mofo and stop your whining Northwest about the heat thats what AC is for
- Sunday Open
- Kyle – P Started P8 went 2 laps down for repairs after getting caught up in a wreck. Finished with a P16
- Sunday fixed
- Brian – P22 Had a great run going with Tyler when i was caught in a wreck by a netcode accident
- Tyler. P- 4. Finally a top 5 in NIS. Ran a great race following BMac and dodged a few cautions. Restarted 2nd for 3 GWC only for the leader to be “blinking” on restarts. Screwed myself blowing the entry in 3 and brushed the wall at exit of 3 coming to get the white. Ended up 4th.
Race: Road America
- Wed Open:
- Hall –p 13, no real events “RdAm so much more fun that sonomyuck”
Kyle – P Started P18 lap 1 turn 1 three other cars went in around me and 2 of them over drove the corner and the other driver checked up and moved over right in front of me and damaged the nose. Was able to stay near the top 10 most of the race. Coming to 1 to go i over drove the last corner and had to serve a drive thru. Came out 2.5 seconds behind 8th for the last lap and was able to run him down to finish 0.2 seconds behind 8th. See video for that awesome last lap run. https://www.facebook.com/TifosiRacing/videos/518938096125849
- Ellis – pdnf – Started 20th got to 13th by end of lap 1 – went off once on lap 3 and fell back a bit – next a big wreck in the narrow part had cars going every direction and I got doored to the wall going left – engine blew 3 laps later…
- Rochette – PSqueeked out a 10th 10 laps in Battling for spot and over drove a corner right in the tires, had to pit but got my 28 seconds damage fixed and was on fuel saving mode since it was 2 laps out of my window. Was 11th coming to the checker but magically got 10th. Top 10 course streak continues But…… (see Kyle)
- Kyle = with best finish of the night with a 9th
Greg – PSaved fuel for 16th
- Thurs Open
- Hall – p 12, couple of guys need to race the track
League / Hosted Races
- FastTrack Sim Racing League –
- Still recruiting – https://www.facebook.com/102107211726370/posts/203323564938067/?d=n
- Mike – p 15 hit the wall off 2 and it was never the same – and couldn’t make it on one stop…
- Hall – p2, should have been p4 cause I damaged the car at the end, but Greg got taken out on a straight away.
- OBRL iRLP Aftermath Truck Series
- ? Congratulations Brian Glass #87 in the Kodak Chevy Winning The Aftermath Podcast Truck Series Race at the Chicago Speedway
- Tom Ogle #11 In the White Claw Toyota Finished 2nd
- Travis Rogers in the 72 Chevy Finished 3rd
iRacing IROC Challenge Series Season
Brian M- Five Flags P wrecked out had a decent run going despite slow at the start and no practice. Wreck happened late in stage 2 when the leader was wrecked by p2 and track closed up in front of me
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
This week on the show, the Coke eNASCAR series is back again at it’s second road event of the season, Road America. Will Bobby Zalenski reclaim his title as ‘Road King’, or will road course star Mitchell deJong make it two road wins in a row. Also we’ll cover the second annual Firecracker 400 and the new eNASCAR International race at COTA. So strap in and try to keep up with us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
Tony Groves – www.twitch.tv/SirGroves
Chris Scales – twitter.com/JediMcfly
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Adam Josselyn- twitter.com/Jossad83
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Tom Dreiling –
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Old Show Notes – bit.ly/2CFeArM
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (New Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/