8/31/2023 – Bubble Glass – Episode 0398
iRacers Lounge Podcast – Conversation Topics
On the show today, we’ll check out some new Season 4 offerings, and speculate about others. We see who punched their ticket to the final 4 in the eNascar Coke Series, and look at what may be the most expensive sim wheels we’ve ever seen and ask if it could possibly be worth the money.
And remember you can follow along with us on your PC or mobile device as you listen to the show and see for yourself all of the great topics and products we’ll discuss by visiting iracerslounge.com and selecting show notes. Hope to see you there..
The Porsche 962 will be coming to the build next season
Could There be Rain in the Forecast?
Clyde Coman thinks this might be the season for the long awaited rain model in iRacing in his forum post
Trading Paints Data Leak
Apparently yesterday somenone leaked 270k users with MD5 hashed passwords from Trading Paints as reprted by Musantro on Twitter. Trading Paints confirmed the breach in a post of their own
iRacing Helps Turner Motorsports
Is ARCA the Best Car
DJ Yee J explains why he likes the Gen 4 and ARCA car best
New iRacing Series
DJ Yee J posted a new video explaining the new Draft Master Series
eNascar Finale Back to the HOF
The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cup and $100,000 prize will be awarded to 2023 series champion, and you can watch in person at the Nascar Hall of Fame ( limited seating open to public)
Coke Series – Dover
Kern County Raceway
Ker County Raceway and its 4 configurations will be available in season 4
New ’87 Entry
iRacing shows the newest entry int the Nascar Legacy ’87 Series
iRacing 15 Series Wrap-up
iRacing wrapped up their 15 Year Anniversary Series with 15 winners receiving $1000 in iRacing Credit
WoO Late Models
Kendal Tucker picks up his second win at the WoO Late Model Race at Eldora. Evan Seay continues his podium streak by finishing second and padding his points lead and Blake Matjoulis finishes third
After the sucess of the Ring Master Series, iRacing will debut the Draft Master series in season 4
iRacing and FIA
Another great step for sim racing as the FIA’s collaboration with iRacing expands with the iRacing FIA F4 Esports Regional Tour!
iRacing Anniversary Series Winners
iRacing announced the winners of the Anniversary $1000 credit winners
Leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform to make it easier for more listeners to find the podcast. Mention the podcast to your fellow drivers so they don’t miss out, we would appreciate it.
Check out our Discord https://discord.gg/rvRas4DDqF
New Website – Leave Comments https://www.iracerslounge.com/
We are in the regular rotation… (Mike)
iRacers Lounge Merch!!!
You can now order fantastic looking merchandise for your favorite iRacing show, The iRacers Lounge Podcast at iracerslounge.shop!
Visit https://exclaim.gg/store/y0yydbxy to get yours today
Simucube Active Pedal Faces
Simucube Active Pedal Pedal Faces – Available Now!
Porsche 911 GT3 Wheel
Porsche Offers Eye-Wateringly Expensive Limited Edition GT3 Cup Wheel: Sim racing manufacturers building equipment to be used in real cars is not unheard of in 2023.
Laurence Dusoswa reviews the Simagic DS-8X sequential shifter and TB1 hand brake
MVH Studios GTS Series 2
MVH Studios reveils their new affordable GTS Series 2 wheel.
We want to make sim racing affordable without locking you into an ecosystem. So we designed our Series Two wheels to bridge the gap from entry level sim racing to pro level sim racing by making it possible to use the same wheel on an entry level wheelbase such as the Logitech G29/G920/G923 series and then seamlessly, connect it to a Direct Drive wheelbase from other sim racing brands.
Travis Mays had a problem when he came home to his new triple monitor setup
Almium offers steering wheels, dashboards, button boxes and more
Moza at Gamescon
Moza shows off some of their new wheel offerings at Gamescon
Streamdeck VS PSP
The Sim Racing Den compares the Stream Deck Button Box and the Precision Sim Engineering Pro Switch Panel
Advanced Sim Racing
Advanced Sim Racing is a Montreal-based SimRoom featuring 9 complete racing & flight simulators with cutting-edge equipment such as D-BOX Generation 5 Haptic Systems, Varjo Aero VR Headset, Simucube 2 Ultimate and much more. The SimRoom is split into 4 distinctive rooms and experience : The Apex Room, The Podium Room, The Pit Lane Room and lastly, The Top Gun Room. Experience everything Advanced SimRacing has to offer in 4,000 sq ft of SimRacing perfection
Sim Racing Point shows off a vintage, triple CRT monitor rig
Fanantec BMW M4 GTE Wheel Review
Boosted Media reviews Fanatec’s BMW M4 GTE wheel
SP1 Pro Cockpit
The P1-Pro Sim Racing Cockpit will be available for pre-order very soon, exclusively on the Sim Lab website, Get ready to take your sim racing experience to a whole new level. Stay tuned for more details.
NASCAR iRacing Series
Friday Open –
- Mike -. P kind of messed up during green flag stops by pitting too late and losing the draft. Luckily, I caught a caution and was able to recover got to the lead with six to go. Was leading the second Greenway checker made some bad news. Started third for the final restart and made some bad news and fell to eight.
- David – p dnf, running in front, bad bump on inside lane took me out to loose track position, then got caught up in 2 other wrecks. Engin blew coming to the green.
- Rochette P wrecked… just couldnt avoid getting wrecked
- Tom D – P 8
- Justin- p2 start 21st didnt really keep it clean not really my fault had 12x with no damage. Alot of ghost x’s. Its helps to have a teammate in your split. There was a couple of other teammates there were locked together and pretty much controlled the race.
- Tony – p wrecked again. Felt like the yoodler climbing up that hill waiting for the right price and just toppling over
- Kyle P. P17 Started P1 and kept it up near the front all race led 15 laps and had the lead on all 3 GWC and was in major fuel saving mode and went 54 laps on a tank of fuel only to run out halfway down the Back stretch on the final lap. Coasted home to a P17
- Justin P p2 start 21st didn’t really keep it clean not really my fault had 12x with no damage. A Lot of ghost x’s. It helps to have a teammate in your split. There were a couple of other teammates there who were locked together and pretty much controlled the race.
Wednesday Open: Darlington
- Mike- p 16. We basically had 30 laugh runs all night. I ran an average of fifth Place most of the night as high as third. But at the end of the race, a 57 lap run I faded after about 30 really hard from fifth all the way back to 16th I suck.
- David – p. P15 with damaged steering from lap 90 when out of control car flew into my left rear, lot of carnage allowed me to creep back up to 15th
- Justin – p, dont know flat out got fucking dumped. In my opinion I was probably top 5 speed at least. Apparently I need to learn how to protest. Luckily i was the 28 car so i didn’t hurt the rating to bad
- Tony – P7 wasn’t feeling good about this 1 but after missing a few good wrecks ended up having a long run car. Even led some GF laps but should’ve pitted alittle sooner. Race went over 70 GF laps at the end. Best ive ran at Darlington in about 3 years
- Greg -P15 Was racing for P4 going into turn 3 on last lap and exited turn 4 P15
- Mike – p dnf- Rose restarting third on laugh, 60 and the guy behind me floated from the bottom all the way to the top going into one and wiped out the guy next to me who wiped us all out eight minutes required.
Words Spoken in Closing Audio Clip -“”Thank you for listening to the iRacers Lounge podcast make sure to go subscribe to us on iTunes, SoundCloud, or Google Play, Facebook & Twitter, See You On The Track .”
- Bubble Glass
On the show today, we’ll check out some new Season 4 offerings, and speculate about others. We see who punched their ticket to the final 4 in the eNascar Coke Series, and look at what may be the most expensive sim wheels we’ve ever seen and ask if it could possibly be worth the money. So sit back, relax and join us on the iRacers Lounge Podcast.
iRacers Lounge Podcast is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Podbean, Spreaker, Podbay, PodFanatic, Overcast, Amazon, and other podcast players.
Mike Ellis – twitter.com/MikeDeanEllis
David Hall – www.twitch.tv/mixmage
Greg Hecktus – twitter.com/froozenkaktus – www.twitch.tv/froozenkaktus
Brian Maccubbin – www.twitch.tv/MacRubbinsRacin
Kyle Pendygraft – twitter.com/LoudPedalGaming
Tony Rochette – twitter.com/TonyRochette
Tom Dreiling –
Donnie Spiker – twitter.com/Spikerman19
Bobby Jonas –
MacKenzie Stevens – https://twitter.com/MackStevens48
Justin Pearson – https://twitter.com/big7bang_
Facebook – www.facebook.com/iRacersLounge/
Twitter – twitter.com/iracerslounge
Instagram – instagram.com/iracersloungepodcast/
Web (Show Notes) – iracerslounge.com/